Friday, December 5, 2008

Ladies go for it tomorrow


Not too much been happening for the last few days.  Tuesday's training was cancelled as the track was too soft.  Wednesday was actually cold as was today.

Today, the radar was just driving me crazy.  The 'Skunk' and I have been trying some new radar views.  I'm finding that side slippers and even forerunners speeds are read just fine, but then the first racer comes down the track and all bets are off.  

Today was a great example.  I moved closer to the track (and netting) and thought that it would be a no brainer.  Not so lucky.  After lots of different adjustments, I got it right at racer 30.  Tomorrow is race day, so I had better get it right by the first racer.

It has also been cold.  Not normal Lake Louise cold, but cold enough.  Tomorrow, it is the full cold package including the coaches coat.  

From what I can tell, if you want to watch Friday's race, you might have to watch it on CBC Bold.  Saturday should be on CBC national (not sure for the rest of the world).  

2 comments:

Nicholas Baron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicholas Baron said...

CBC is also going to stream the race at http://www.cbc.ca/sports/alpineskiing/