Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nascar - wow, that is a show



So, I go from it being quiet and working on job hunting, to getting an invite to come down to Charlotte, NC to be part of the Nascar Pit Crew Challenge.  I was able to manage a trip down here, and make it to Syracuse for the annual Madcatter Hobie Cat regatta this weekend.

I drove down to Syracuse on Tuesday and stayed with some good friends, Tom and Sue.  With a flight out today at 6am, via Washington and into Charlotte, I made it to the arena by 1pm to work with Jimmy, James and Andy.

The show times all 4 parts of a pit crews job.  Gas, Jacking, Front and Rear wheel change.  Once that is all done, you get to push the car about 100 yards.

Very cool show!  If you are in the US, you can watch it live Thursday on Speed.  I am not sure what they are showing in Canada.  

With all the travel I did yesterday and today, I only managed a few hours sleep.  As I am writing this, I'm listening to the weather channel that is describing the ongoing Tornado outbreak that is going on.  Ron and team, I hope your safe and have grabbed some great pictures.

No comments: