This week, I have been invited to be the photographer at the Hobie 16 North American Championships here in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Today is Saturday and we had a pretty windy day. The gallery can be found at here.
Near the end of the day, I had an unscheduled swim in Lake Ontario. My friend Sue K. from Syracuse was having some issues righting her Hobie 16 after flipping (pitch poling actually) her boat.
The end result was that I ended up being the one photographed. Jeff, the other profession photographer on the boat kindly provided me with some of the photos he captured of me.
The organizing committee kindly got me a room at one of the local universities. Now, the room is a dorm room and pretty plain. BUT, the Internet ROCKS. For those of you who know what those numbers mean, have a look at this:

That is about 50 times faster than you can get anywhere in Canada. Depending on when I run this test, I have seen download speeds up to 45 mb/sec. Normal high speed internet download speeds for Rogers Cable is about 1 mb/sec.
I imagine that number goes way down when the dorm is full of students.
Pretty cool!!
Pretty cool!!
No comments:
Post a Comment