

I'm finding out that the internet here is just not what we are used to back home. Then again, I guess I should be just enjoying the wonderful outside world!
So, moving on, yesterday and today was all about getting all the timing toys hooked up. It does take a significant amount of effort to ensure that all the start devices, display boards, headset lines and even the finish line set just right.
We had not been able to get to the start until this morning (we usually get up there on day one). It just wasn't worth the trip to the top and then to have to ski down some trails that don't have the best snow cover on them. From what I hear, other than the race track, which looks pretty good, there is only one other trail to ski to get back to the bottom.
Today, we had the pleasure of getting the finish line hooked up and adjusted in the dark. The sun had long set and we were just working with headlamps to get it done.
Tomorrow is the first training run. We are all set to go with the exception of hooking up one display board in coaches corner.
The funniest part of the day? Have a look at this video (ok, most of us do have a warped sense of humour). To the best of our knowledge, no squirrels were hurt in the filming of this video.
1 comment:
I didn't know FIS does "live" (I wonder how live this really is) streaming of times for training and races.
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?cal_suchsector=AL&event_id=24686
Post a Comment