Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring skiing - wow


Today was our last day and it went out with a bang.  

The sun was shining, the wind was calm and the snow was amazing.  

After ducking in at 11:45 to make sure we get the seats we want on Westjet (you need to book your seats 24 hours in advance), we decided to detour to the bakery (again).  

Just as I am sitting down with some goulash (and a chocolate croissant-how did that happen), I bumped into an old friend and his family, Robert Huter, one of the owners of Mount St. Louis Moonstone.  I've know Robert since I was the patrol leader their back in the mid 80's.  

We had a great lunch with them and even skied a few runs with them after lunch.  

Today, we even ran into our first lift line (almost 6 minutes).  Wow, that was painful.  :)

I did ski Gowabuna - impressive run with Volkswagens for bumps (but they were soft).  Carolyn and I did some really high speed cruising runs on the back side until they kicked us out.  Then, back over to the front side until they kicked us out of there.    

A great way to end the season.  I recommend this place highly.

The last of the photos are now being uploaded to the gallery.

No comments: