
Big news today, I was the starter for my 1st World Cup ski race. Pretty cool actually.
However, it is very easy to screw up those in the timing shack, not to mention those that do the graphics, live to web, etc.
Well, when you accidentally go to return the start gate (it automatically stays open after the skier leaves the start house) and it 'bounces' you managed to set another skier on the course. Well, lots of things happen down below, usually followed by some screaming in the headphones.
So, the gate 'slipped' out of my hand about 10 seconds after a skier had just started. Suffice to say, I won't let that happen again. Sorry Ted and Jim and Peter and Toby and Tami. They all had to scramble to correct my error. Good thing we weren't live to TV today. I can't let that happen tomorrow.
Backing up to Monday. I had an amazing skate on Lake Louise. It has just started to snow, but I was able to skate the entire lake on perfectly smooth ice. If you look closely at the picture, you can see the people skating around with hockey sticks.
However, it is very easy to screw up those in the timing shack, not to mention those that do the graphics, live to web, etc.
Well, when you accidentally go to return the start gate (it automatically stays open after the skier leaves the start house) and it 'bounces' you managed to set another skier on the course. Well, lots of things happen down below, usually followed by some screaming in the headphones.
So, the gate 'slipped' out of my hand about 10 seconds after a skier had just started. Suffice to say, I won't let that happen again. Sorry Ted and Jim and Peter and Toby and Tami. They all had to scramble to correct my error. Good thing we weren't live to TV today. I can't let that happen tomorrow.
Backing up to Monday. I had an amazing skate on Lake Louise. It has just started to snow, but I was able to skate the entire lake on perfectly smooth ice. If you look closely at the picture, you can see the people skating around with hockey sticks.
3 comments:
ok, now I'm really jealous!
Hope your having a good time.
You should be! When was the last time you got your butt to a ski hill that had more vertical that your house?
Hey, MSLM is higher than my house though not by much!
Seeing as I'm getting close to that magical 50 number I need to plan a nice ski trip :-)
Post a Comment