Thursday, January 21, 2010

The value of Gargling

What a damp day today. It just plain grey and dull. The end result was that the start today for the training got lowered down to the next foul weather start. I was hoping for a nice sunrise when I got to the start at 7am, but it was just dull, dark and grey (almost foggy).

Training run started on time at 10am. Coop and the rest of the team had about 30 minutes to move the start (a very non-trivial exercise) down the hill out of the wind.

The good news was that by noon, I was done for the day. A quick trip through town with Skunk (he needed to find something for his throat). I also got hold of C and she was able to view us on the www.kitz.net web cam (about 7:30am for her).

Both Skunk and Ted are starting to feel just a little under the weather. Being in the timing building is worse than being on a plane for a trans-Atlantic flight. No room to move (timing, data, sound, and TV) in a small area. Yesterday the temperature in the room got to +40C (recorded). No wonder they are getting sick.

Oh, the gargling part. Skunks says his throat was much better after gargling -- with Yagermiester.

No comments: