Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Crashed Ice - Quebec City


So, another escape from my full time job. The boys in RFID land have allowed me the pleasure to head to Quebec City for the Red Bull Crashed Ice bonanza. Or, maybe they didn't notice as they are on a cruise in the Caribbean. You can watch the short video for an idea on the insanity. 100,000 people show up to watch this. I didn't know you could fit that many people in old Quebec.

I'm going to find out what happened to this class action law suit. One guy doesn't like it as it takes 5 weeks to set up and a few weeks to take down. However, it does bring over $11M to the city. That is hard to ignore. If Quebec City didn't want it, then there are many other cities that would love it. Montreal included. Maybe we could do it in Toronto off the Bloor viaduct!

Many thanks to CBC for the image. It is to be aired at 11:40pm on Saturday night.

Jimmy and I are there, working for Alphasports TV (aka: Andy). As timing gigs go, it is pretty simple (compared to a World Cup downhill race).

Today was a civilized travel day. My sister picks me up and drives me over to the train station in Oshawa. Arrive 30 minutes early, pick up your ticket, get back in the car for a trip to Tim's and back 10 minutes before the train arrives. No security check. I don't need to worry that my bottle of contact lens cleaner is greater than 100ml. You get the picture.

And, you get internet. However, it is best you bring your own. You can plug in your laptop as soon as you sit down, stretch out your legs and plug in your HSBA Telus air card. Now, I have as much internet as I have at home. Very nice.


1 comment:

Nicholas Baron said...

I've seen this on tv a few times and looks like fun, enjoy